Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pigskin Party Fun!



I am still planning a Gumbo Football Playoff party in January but I'm trying to decide if I want to theme the party with one of the playoff teams or just keep it a generic football party. My beloved New Orleans Saints are 8-0 right now....so proud! I'm hoping they keep it up and earn a place in the playoffs. If so, I might have to lean towards a Saints theme party which of course would tie in the whole Gumbo thing:)

Either way we're still going to have a football party and we're still going to center the party around a huge Cajun-style Gumbo. Can't wait! Here are a couple of things I'll probably have at the party.

I love these football lanterns from Oriental Trading. These will look great hanging over the appetizer table combined with other different colored and sized round lanterns (black and gold, maybe:) And some fun things hanging from the lanterns. Also, these individual football cakes from Baking Bites are adorable. They will be so cute on the table. Stay tuned for more!
Chocolate Football Cakes
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup coffee, warm
2 tsp vanilla extract

No comments:

Post a Comment